Friday, September 29, 2006

The Plane #2

Well, here I am back in the land of legroom. This time we are flying on a Boeing 717 with upgraded seating! I love to travel… like this. There are a few DG attendees on the flight by the looks of it. I have seen a Bible here, a Driscoll book there. For myself, I have been finishing up David Wells’ “No Place for Truth,” the best book I have read in a long time. I am missing my scanner as I would love to post an extended quote I just read – check out page 279, paragraph two! The actual conference will begin around 7PM tonight with Wells, so I hope you are reading this before then… otherwise you are pretty much wasting time and should get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Paul,
    What better way to prepare for Wells' speaking than to read him.

    His books are evergreen in their analysis of the church in the West.

    I also admire him for his work with AIDS orphans in Africa each summer. I can think of few scholars who flesh out their theology in such a way.

    I trust you, your family and your church are well. We miss our friends in TO.

    Blessings,

    Clint

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.