These statistics have put a cloud over my heart for the last 48 hours...
Source. These numbers are all confirmed by my own research through StatsCan.
- 1 in 4 pregnancies in Canada end in abortion.
- 1 in 3 women ( 37.4%) undergoing abortion have already had one or more abortions. (Canadian Institute for Health Information, 1998)
- 300 abortions occur each day in Canada.
- 36.6% of abortions (39,037 babies) occur between 4 and 9 weeks when the baby's heart is beating, brain waves are detected and ultrasounds show them waving their arms and legs (at 7 to 9 weeks).*
- 49.5% of abortions (52,795 babies) occur at 9 to 12 weeks when the child has fingerprints, urinates in utero, squints, swallows, wrinkles his or her forehead, sleeps, wakes and exercises.*
- 9.6% of abortions (10,239 babies) occur at 13 to 16 weeks when the baby has fine hair on his or her head, is 8' to 10' long and can hear.*
- 4.4% occur (4,692 babies) at 16 weeks to birth when the child can be startled by a sudden noise and can survive with proper care outside of the womb.*
25% of all pregnancies terminated in abortion.
Lord, forgive us.