Thursday, September 28, 2006

2006 National Conference :: Desiring God

2006 National Conference :: Desiring God

Tomorrow morning, Challies, the other Paul and I all leave for the DG Pomo Conference. I can hardly wait. The timing of the conference is not so great for me, but who could pass up listening to DA Carson, John Piper, Tim Keller and Mark Driscoll yap it up on several panels as well as each preach a different message. The icing on the cake will be sitting under David Well's ministry, author of the book from which the conference takes its title: Above All Earthly Powers.

I will be trying... TRYING... to do some not-so-live blogging of the main sessions. Although I can type cirlces around Challies, he thinks faster than I do... and being the contemplative type, I like to carefully meditate on what I am hearing. So, if you are desparate for some blow-by-blow descriptions of how things unfold, be sure to watch his blog.

Please pray for us as we travel. Once again I allowed Tim to make travel arrangements... I should have known better. I think we fly to Minneapolis via the Yukon. And that's after a stopover in Orlando. Oh well. Who am I to complain!

May God use it to make me and others better ministers of His glorious Gospel!

5 comments:

  1. Paul Martin! I found your link on Michael Haykin's site. Neat-o!

    We still need to go for that coffee. I just, kind of.. put it off. and forgot..

    Anyway, good to see you're a part of the blog-o-sphere.

    Werner

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - via the Yukon??

    Yes, next time, keep Tim away from the travel sites.

    Enjoy your trip, I look forward to some insights while there & when you all return.

    SDG,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martini! Let's meet! I'll be there too.

    Matty boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you get to go to this, Paul. I hope to get the MP3 off the DG web site after the conference, and listen as I drive over the next little while! What an essential topic, and what a great team of Biblically saturated, God Honouring, discerning speakers. Wow.

    I do need to go to something like this some time. Maybe you can work some sort of appeal into your sermon here at Binbrook later this month? Just kidding - please DON'T do that. I do look foward to sitting under your ministry though, especially as it will come immediately after this amazing conference.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up, Paul.

    Have a GREAT time! I'll look forward to your updates - based on your meditative contemplations.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.