Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pastoral Visitation - Links to the Series

Pastoral Visitation - Part I

Now, I cannot imagine pastoral ministry without them. I think I will blog more in the coming days on how we go about doing these visits. Tonight, I just wanted to whet the appetite of all you pastors out there! ...


Pastoral Visitation (Part II) - Scheduling the Meetings
At one of our FRPS meetings, a brother shared how his pastor organized these visits. It was quite simple - but revolutionary to me! ... The advantages to this type of organized visitation are many, some of which I have already listed. ...

Pastoral Visitation (Part III) - What You Aim For

Richard Baxter, The Reformed Pastor, 90. The presupposition behind pastoral visitation is that it is one of your duties as an undershepherd of Christ's flock to know His sheep. A man cannot care for sheep he never sees. ...

Pastoral Visitation (Part IV) - Visit to Pray Better

I think the one aspect of pastoral ministry I enjoy most is watching God change a man. The more you pray for this ... In the next post I hope to deal with some of the ways you might practically instruct your members during pastoral visits.

Pastoral Visitation (Part V) - Personal Instruction

The pastoral visit is one such place where this instruction might take place. It generally sounds strange to our ears to read of ... Members under our pastoral care need us, at times, to give specific instruction. This teaching must be: ...

Pastoral Visitation (Part VI) - Questions and Answers

Dan S. asked a two-pronged question: “That brings up the question of the connection between pastoral visitation and pastoral care. Are they the same thing in your mind? Does pastoral care/visitation give the message that all ...





1 comment:

  1. This is great, Paul. I've copied/pasted these to a Word document, and plan to glean from these notes with Phil (the other elder here at Binbrook Baptist).

    These thougths should/will prove to really help us as young elders.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.