Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rural Routes - Last One (I promise!)

This is me gladhanding the crowd along the parade route.


I have met two state senators and several members of congress at these parades. It cracks me up. They ALWAYS come to me... I must look like an easy vote. Anyway, I always shake their hand and tell them I would never vote for them in a hundred years - to which they look back at me with great bewilderment.
Then I tell them I am Canadian and can't vote. At which point they get really antsy to get away from me and on to someone who counts, but my devious side always works at engaging them in some interesting conversation as I continue to grasp their hand and all my in-laws sit there and giggle.

It is fun for me.

Not so sure about the politicians!

So, I thought I would give the meet and greet thing a shot. How's my smile? Think I have the makings of political career?

In America? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Can you kiss babies?

    In these last three posts I've seen a side of you I didn't realize existed. Unfortunately, since you're always in the US of A for the first week of July, you'll never be able to attend the best Canada Day festivities in southern Ontario. Lynden's where it's at. The hokiest rural parade on the planet, cow pattie bingo and great fireworks.

    What? You don't know what cow pattie bingo is ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Lynden allows you to live there is enough to condemn it!

    Why not share with our reader(s) the wonderful story of the cows that escaped on fair day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.