Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again...

I love Gene Autry. It's a long story.

Anyway, Cleezer got me home safe and sound tonight from the best church on the planet. She continues to run like a beaut!

Here is a little quote from George Muller that I read to the sheep...


On Learning to Value Scripture Over Christian Books

I was growing in the faith and knowledge of Jesus, but I still preferred reading religious books instead of the Scripture. I read tracts, missionary newsletters, sermons, and biographies of Christian people. God is the author of the Bible, and only the truth it contains will lead people to true happiness. A Christian should read this precious Book every day with earnest prayer and meditation. But like many believers, I preferred to read the works of uninspired men rather than the oracles of the living God. Consequently, I remained a spiritual baby both in knowledge and grace.

The last and most important means of growing in the Lord, prayer, was also something I greatly neglected. I prayed often and generally with sincerity. But if I had prayed more earnestly, I would have made much more rapid progress in my faith. Despite my slowness to grasp spiritual principles, however, God showed His great patience toward me and helped me to grow steadily in Him. (Biography, 21)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I feel this urge to stop reading your blog and pick up my Bible--I have a couple different translations at my desk right now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.