Monday, December 05, 2005

BreakPoint | Scary Science - Weeding Out the Unwanted (in the Womb!)

BreakPoint | Scary Science:
"Through a socially acceptable form of killing, we would take the opportunity to eliminate an entire group of people in order to spare ourselves from having to deal with their differences—because that’s what it really comes down to. "

Thanks to Chuck Colson for posting this.
As the father of a disabled son (whom I love like crazy) these kinds of events have taken on new meaning to me. My boy is different - but he is my boy!
We were given certain indications early on (pre-birth) that not all may be "normal." I still seeth (sorry!) when I think of the way the "health care professionals" showed us a video of drooling, dopey eyed "retarded kids" next to "normal kids" so that we could make an informed decision as to whether or not to carry on the pregnancy. Thankfully, termination was never even the slightest bit of an option for us.
Oh, where would I be today without my boy!?! My 4 kids are one of the greatest joys of my life.
The disgusting self-interest that drives selective parenting has never looked so awful to me. And the revolting attack on parents by some relationally-unconnected geneticist suggesting to them to kill their own children - when those parents are at their most vulnerable - is downright criminal in my mind.


Well, I wasn't going to write all that... but wrong is wrong.

Have your baby! Life will not be easy... but God will be glorified and you will know Him like never before and you will love that person with all of your heart!