Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dr. Haykin Discusses Fanny Crosby

Historia ecclesiastica: EMINENT CHRISTIANS: 2. FANNY CROSBY

I quoted what I consider to be a rare Crosby hymn this past Sunday and in doing so mentioned that she had been born blind. My source for that was incorrect however! Read Dr. Haykin's warm biographical sketch for much encouragement (and perhaps further corrections!). The text of the hymn I quoted is below:

Take the world, but give me Jesus,
All its joys are but a name;
But His love abideth ever,
Through eternal years the same.

Oh, the height and depth of mercy!
Oh, the length and breadth of love!
Oh, the fullness of redemption,
Pledge of endless life above!

Take the world, but give me Jesus,
Sweetest comfort of my soul;
With my Savior watching o’er me,
I can sing though billows roll.

Take the world, but give me Jesus.
In His cross my trust shall be,
Till, with clearer, brighter vision,
Face to face my Lord I see.


I trust you could sing that with all of your heart!

1 comment:

  1. Hey brother, that is a wonderful hymn! It talks about delighting in God("take the world but give me Jesus"), Gods love,Gods eternality, mercy, preservation of saints, comfort, sovreignty, redemption and so many other things :-) Thanks for posting it! Keep reading your Bible everybody!

    Twin#2

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.