Tuesday, January 31, 2006

THE EVOLVING CHURCH

THE EVOLVING CHURCH

Tyndale Seminary here in Toronto is hosting a conference on the emerging church.

I won't go in to why I think this is particularly sad (like the seminar where we can "address certain nagging problems" with the Biblical text and "struggle toward addressing our problems with the Bible"), but I do think it is worth noting who the sponsors are of this event. Besides Tyndale (no surprise there...)

Compassion Canada
Campus Crusade for Christ
and
The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada

The last one I can understand... but the first two baffle me.

Emergent is fast becoming mainstream. I think pastors in particular need to wake up and realize this is not going away fast. Best to do some investigation and prepare to deal with its inherent errors.