Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Friend of God - Reconciled Forever!

Reconciled (Colossians 1:21-23)
"Estranged and hateful," such was I.
To my Creator, God Most High.
A fool who thought his soul was free,
While blind and deaf, without one plea.
But Christ, the Lamb of God, who came
To bear my curse and bear my shame
Appeased the rightful wrath of God
And now my soul is overawed!

For I am the Offended's friend
By grace I cannot comprehend.
Now reconciled to God the King,
I cannot help but praise and sing!
My Rescuer, the Righteous Judge
Now looks at me and holds no grudge;
He casts my sins from west to east,
Invites me to His heav'nly feast.

Then alienated by my sin
Now made holy and pure within
Then hating Him who once made all
Now made blameless never to fall.
Then doing evil all my days
Now made faultless to His great praise.
O, such amazing grace is this
That snatched my soul from the Abyss!

All this because my Saviour died,
His body cruelly crucified;
The Father's justice fully met,
I stand before Him without debt.
He smiles at me and calls me, "Friend."
The enmity put to an end.
O, Jesus thank You, and Lord, please,
Keep reconciling Your enemies.

Words © 2002, Paul W. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.