Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Even the New York Times Agrees with part of my exegetical method

A Picture of Language - NYTimes.com:

Great to see MSM picking up and advocating for what I do every week in Greek or Hebrew! I feel so validated! :-)

"A century and a half later, diagramming sentences is even more out of date than writing lessons on a piece of slate. When the book I wrote about it was published in 2006, a couple of hundred people sent me e-mails. One writer accused me of succumbing to Stockholm syndrome because I wrote so benignly about the nun who brainwashed me into thinking diagramming was fun. Another asked me for a date. Two objected to my political attitudes, as they deduced them between the lines. A dozen or so either faulted some of the diagrams or challenged me with a particularly tricky sentence."
The second article is here: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/taming-sentences/

Great stuff!!


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.