Monday, April 16, 2007

Ten Great Christian Biographies

Ten Great Christian Biographies:

Al Mohler lists 10 great biographies worth reading. It was a delight to see Arnold Dallimore's, George Whitefield: The Life and Times of the Great Evangelist of the Eighteenth-Century Revival, 2 volumes (Carlisle, Pennsylvania: Banner of Truth Trust, 1970) on the list.

Mohler comments: "Dallimore's biography of Whitefield is among the greatest in terms of sheer inspiration and the urgency of Whitefield's example. Lessons from Whitefield are worth this two-volume biography and more, and Dallimore takes his readers into the heart of Whitefield's life and ministry."

All I can say is that these books changed my life and made me love the Gospel and the preaching of it more than I can say. And Jason, who I referenced in the previous post, was blessed so much as to snag Dallimore's granddaughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.