Friday, September 22, 2006

Manuscripts of Sermons

SermonAudio.com

I have always written out my sermons with a pen and paper. There is something about the whole experience of ink on page that I love and helps me to transfer the fruit of my study to the pulpit. I cannot explain it. But there have been requests over the years for manuscripts, so I decided to switch to typing out sermons and preaching from - ichabod - a printed page.

It has been a bit of a transition for me, but I am determined to stay at it for a time and see if I can swing over all that I love about the handwritten page into the other format.

Bored yet?

Anyway, the reason for this has been to make available to you, the reading public(!), more stuff to read! So, if you click on the link above it will take you to our first few samples. I would be most interested in knowing what you think. A loud silence would be wonderful, since then I could go back to my old ways of writing things out and sticking them in a drawer! But if this aids in helping to understand the Word, I am willing to keep at it.

There is a great sermon there by Tom Gee, too. You should listen to it, as well, but I also recommend giving it a read.

6 comments:

  1. Does the link work for you? All that comes up is a page that says "Please enter some key words."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my moment to be a computer geek! Try this link instead .. it should work.

    (The problem -- warning: this is the geeky part -- was that Paul's link included a & symbol, which is the HTML symbolic encoding for a "&" symbol, but the URL needs a simple "&" character, which is used to separate multiple arguments within the URL.)

    Aren't you glad you know that now? See, know I can create gigantic web page cathedrals like Tim Challies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, now that explanation didn't make any sense, because blogger interpreted my "&-a-m-p-;" as an &.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom - you're weird.

    Paul - I too am a big fan of the ink and paper. I prefer ball point though and I think you like felt-tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you could just click on the title...

    Second of all, Tom, you really are weird... in a very lovable kind of way.

    Third of all, thanks for the summary of Waltke last night Josh on your blog.

    Fourth of all, I have no idea what you were saying Tom, but thanks for the added link... for the people who do not want to just click the title. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is too self centered, too proud, too enveloped in my own fictitious greatness to ever be permitted to have its sermons put online for public consumption. Without my tongue in my cheek I truly say from my heart, I admire the Kerux for being able to go into the blogosphere and keep his humility and desire for God's glory. I can barely receive a compliment without twisting it into something perverse. May many read your contributions and be found closer to Him as a result.

    Form one who writes his messages in pencil.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.