Friday, July 21, 2006

Capping Off a Great Birthday... Newfie Style!

So I mentioned to my pal Hill the other day that the only thing I am concerned about when it comes to Cleezer is the winter... I don't want to shovel snow out of her bed... so a cap would be nice.

He calls me the next week with the news that two caps are sitting in somebody's trash just around the corner from him. He paid $400 for a used one so I jump in the Cleeze and off we go. As I am standing there hemming and hawing which one to grab, a guy in a Volvo slows down and stares.

"Am I in your driveway?"

"Nope. You gonna take a cap?"

"Yeah, you want one too?"

"Nope. Which one are you going to take?"

"I don't know"

"Take that one." He points and gets out of the Volvo, helps me lift it on top, ties it down for me, compliments the Cleeze on her fine shape, then says, "I'm from Newfoundland. We're helpful." And off he goes! And he was, too!

Here she is - ready for the winter and causing my bride to wonder where it will go until then!!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.