Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The "NEW" New DR! Tim Challies Launches the Discerning Reader: Discerning reviews of Christian books and of books that are of interest to Christians

Discerning Reader

My friend Tim Challies made a worldwide splash today with the lauch of the !!NEW!! Discerning Reader! This is a great idea and a fantastic looking site! (About the old "New DR" read here... a sad story.)

The whole premise of the site is to act as a focal point of book reviews found on the web. Now you can link to these with just one click and get Tim's and the DR's Editorial Board's view on specific Christian literature. I wish there had been something like this when I was younger! You know, Spurgeon published a whole book on comments on commentaries (a book worth owning!) and this is the same kind of thing. (No. I am not suggesting Tim is Spurgeon!)

I hope this site is wildly successful!