Wednesday, January 04, 2006

RELEVANT - More on the Christianity of Bono

RELEVANT: One Fan's Experience of Bono's Christianity

This post confirms what Darrin Brooker wrote about his experience at a U2 concert this year in Toronto (see comment #21).

I found this paragraph most interesting:
"I’ve heard the urban legends of amazing things Bono has said about his faith, I’ve read the books, and I’ve peered deep into everything he’s said hoping to find something that makes his beliefs clear. For years, I’ve adored him and clung to the notion that he is believer, too. After all, he identifies himself with Christianity, doesn’t he?"


It reminds me of the tidal wave of interest in a local church here in Toronto once news spread that a certain celebrity had attended - twice! Why are we so desperate to find some cool "star" to own our cause?

"
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12