11. It will not kill you to do it, and it will bless you and your children to be there.
10. You need to learn how to prevail in prayer and this is an excellent way to teach you.
9. This is your church, you are her members, and your leaders want you here for they know it will be good for you.
8. You will model to the world that God is real when you give up 6 nights to pursue Him in prayer.
7. You will gain the joy of doing something for the Lord. How many times do we aspire to do great things for God or even complain that we want to serve more? Well, here is the way to do something for real.
6. You personal spiritual life will be blessed as you follow the logic of the week from confession, to thanksgiving, to conversions, to leaders, to ministries, to delight in God.
5. You will be speaking to God with God’s people every day this week! What is better than that?
4. You will be humbled.
3. You will be deeply reminded of how needy we are for God to work as we lay out our many requests before Him – needs that are easy to otherwise forget .
2. Other than having to work, or being in the hospital, or traveling, or providing childcare so your spouse can go, or health concerns or sickness – what good reason would there be to miss these meetings? Your entertainment? No. Your rest? No. Your privacy? No. I can’t think of one good reason.
1. Your praying in general will be revitalized from taking one week to pray with God’s people every night.