Tuesday, April 08, 2008

About Texas...

Just a quick report on my trip to Texas. God gave me the grace to preach 5 times between Friday night and Sunday morning. Four of those messages were to the men of Kerrville Bible Church and Believer’s Fellowship (San Antonio). The fifth message was at KBC on Sunday morning.

Things I learned:

  • Believer’s Fellowship has a long-standing connection to our missionary, Charles Woodrow.
  • Texans are not impressed when you tell them you drive a ’91 GMC Sierra pick-up... unless it is a V-10 diesel.
  • Men are men, wherever you go.
  • Texan men have a lot of guns.
  • Texan men like to shoot their guns.
  • Texan men know a lot about their guns.
  • It is hot in Texas.It took me exactly 17 minutes to burn.
  • You should not mess with men named, “Buzz.”
  • Texans are some of the kindest people I have met.
  • Delta must be owned by Air Canada... see Tim Challies for explanation.