Monday, June 12, 2006

Injury Wars (Continued...)

The Fighter Jet showed up at church yesterday whining about his poison ivy rash spreading to between his toes. As if anyone cared! There he was before evening worship rubbing some foreign ointment on his limbs... in front of all of us. Quite revolting.

And in no way to be compared with my bravely soldiering on to preach and lead with my severely wounded ankle. I know guys like "the Odious" have been dying for an update, so in deference to them I have posted an updated picture below. You will notice the extreme coloration due to the severity of the injury. It is a wonder I can walk at all, really. A lesser man would still be hobbling about with crutches.



Speaking of crutches, I did have to use them for two days and was pleasantly surprised they do make them long enough for guys my height. I knew you would ask so I answered.

I should be back to normal in one week - that is when I return from a class trip with my 8th grade daughter on some ridiculous ropes course thingy. I believe this horrendous ankle injury is a kind providence to spare me from massively embarrassing myself in front of a bunch of 13 year olds... So I will be milking it until that trip is over!

9 comments:

  1. ...my bravely soldiering on to preach... so in deference to them...

    The way you deftly weave in comments on your own humility into a story of your own heroics and outstanding strength in the face of such horrid circumstance almost makes me think you're emergent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugly ankles:

    In your defense, your apparent injury occurred while playing a manly game of floor hockey ( even if you did fall over all by your lonesome ). I've never heard of anyone having poison ivy issues while playing hockey, only while engaged in girly activities like hiking.

    I have begun to wonder a little about JLF. I can understand how one might blunder into poison ivy... once. Presumably the experience would be odious enough that, in the future, one would exercise a great deal of discernment and precision as to where one placed one's legs. But this seems to be an annual occurence for him....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Oidous One, I have to agree.

    Hit your head on a doorframe - you duck next time.

    Trip over a log - another path next time.

    Scald yourself in the shower - you check first next time.

    Apparently the Fighter Jet has not learned that skipping through the daisies might have more than one obvious negative side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww try some foot lotion on your heels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your getting some nice colouration on there brother...your floor shows off your foot well :-)

    thanks for the picture update...

    Glad the Lord gave you strength to preach brother!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, in a way, you guys getting hurt (well, at least you, Kerux... JLF isn't really hurt) but it isn't all bad. Reading all these comments gave me something to do, since there was nothing on TV but hockey.

    8~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, no reprimand for knocking soccer? (Or whatever that game is where they skate on ice while hitting the thing with their little sticks?)

    I can't believe I got away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. derifter...

    "Good sense is a fountain of life to him who has it, but the instruction of fools is folly."

    :-)

    NEVER mess with hockey!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.