Friday, June 17, 2005

Too Many Conferences...

Is it just me, or are there too many great conferences in the year. I can think of SEVEN off the top of my head that, if I had the time, I would never miss: Bunyan Conference, Bethlehem Conference for Pastors, Sovereign Grace Fellowship Pastor's Conference, Canadian Carey Family Conference, Jonathan Edwards Centre for Reformed Spirituality Conference, Toronto Baptist Seminary Convocation, Sovereign Grace Fellowship General Assembly. All of these have great preaching, great fellowship, challenging content, good food - I mean, they are ALL great! But if I went to every one of these conferences every year, my church would need a new pastor (because I would never be here!). I wonder if there would not be a way to combine some of these things, or decide to hold some of them every two years (like the International Baptist Conference) or even every three years! The worst of it is, I always feel like my absence from any of these events communicates disapproval or something like it. But I have learned I can receive almost equal blessing from listening to sermons and seminars on CD - almost as much. We are blessed beyond belief in North America! Maybe some of these conferences should move themselves to the African continent - for free. Or India, or Brazil or Taiwan... you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.