Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Two Painfully Learned and Immensely Important Lessons

Together for the Gospel

Our friend Mark Dever has an excellent post today on the lessons learned through the fallout of another pastor's moral failure.

Of particular insight was this comment:

"No accountability relationships will work if there is not a commitment to honesty on the part of the person in question. The problem wasn't a lack of initiative toward him; the problem was his hiding the truth from us. If I am committed to my sin above a humble, self-revealing honesty, then I can't rely on any accountability structure or loving friendships to expose my sin and protect my soul. I must remember that if I am to war against sin, I must labor to be embarassingly transparent."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.