Grace Fellowship Church is now accepting applications to our second pastoral internship. Unlike our first class (held over five months through the brunt of the COVID-19 lockdowns), this session will run from September 13, 2021 to December 6, 2021. We are accepting two interns for this 12 week session and applications must be submitted by July 31, 2021. Accepted applicants will be notified by August 13, 2021.
Interns are required to meet on site at Grace Fellowship Church on Monday mornings, plus Tuesday through Friday workdays (9-5). In addition, interns are required to attend all the public meetings of Grace Fellowship Church and other evening and weekend meetings connected to their internship as assigned (hospital visits, counselling sessions, etc).
The internship includes personal mentoring plus ministry involvement and exposure. However, the brunt of the internship consists in assigned readings in the areas of pastoral ministry, spiritual development, Baptist church life (ecclesiology) and Bible proclamation (preaching). The interns will submit a written paper each week interacting with these readings. These papers form the basis of a weekly group discussion on the topics assigned.
Applicants should be men who have or are nearly completed seminary training and intend to pursue full-time pastoral ministry. They will demonstrate good leadership skills, a wide and warm-hearted Christian love for others and a zeal for the people of God. Existing pastors looking for a useful sabbatical program might also consider applying. There are no age restrictions.
Applicants have until July 31, 2021 to apply.
- The interns will meet on Monday mornings (9AM-1PM) with the staff elders of Grace Fellowship Church to review the previous Sunday gatherings, work through a particular text together, consider various pastoral situations and discuss their reading from the previous week. These sessions are led by Pastor Martin.
- Interns will join the staff meeting on Tuesday mornings, as well as the regular Elders' Meetings, as observers.
- On Friday afternoons, the interns will meet with the staff elders for the weekly sermon preview, service previews and final preparation for Sunday.
- Much of the other office time through the week will be devoted to reading and writing. Weekly papers must by submitted by 5PM each Friday.
- Interns are expected to apply for membership at Grace Fellowship Church (if not members already) and attend all services of the church. They will also be invited to attend certain other meetings as observers
- Each intern will be assigned certain ministry leaders or members of the church to interview and learn from.
- Each intern will be remunerated (a stipend paid out over the course of the internship) and supplied with books for the assigned readings.
More details can be sought by contacting Pastor Steve Kim.