Monday, October 30, 2006

Calvin Medal - A Tribute to D.R.!

One of my favorite blogs is Darrin Brooker's, Running Well. Part of what I appreciate about D.R.'s work is its eclectic nature.
For instance, if you did not read his blog, you would not know that grown men venture all over the globe seeking small (and large) medals impressed with the likenesses of famous reformers with which they then decorate unused bookshelves.
I never knew this!
But, alas, I myself have caught the growing "reformation medal bug" and gladly announce to all concerned (and unconcerned) the first member of my collection.
It is a 13 cm impression of Jean Cauvin (John Calvin) displayed here in it's gold embossed collectors box with tasseled gold springy cord.
It is chocolate.
And in honour of Reformation Day, not Halloween, I think that tomorrow I shall eat it.

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if chocolate has an expiry date but if it does, then it has surely passed on that one! Eat at your own risk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me, but the childhood eating-the-easter-bunny quandary comes to mind. Where did you start eating? The nose first?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.